GROUP OF EIGHT GLASS AND GILT BRONZE "OFFICIAL'S HAT" FINIALS
QING DYNASTY, 19TH CENTURY ? ??????????????comprising: one pink glass, two transparent blue glass, three clear glass and two metal hat finials with various decorative metal mounts, three metal mounts bearing inscriptions on the base(8)the largest: 6.2cm highProvenance: Private English collection, London; acquired by current owner’s great-aunt Etta May Gubbins (1871-1955) during her honeymoon trip in Asia around 1910. Etta May Gubbins married in 1909 at Kilmallock, Ireland to Captain Burston Beresford Gubbins (1876-1929), The 13th Hussars.May Gubbins, nee May Gibson, was the eldest of the three daughters of Edmund Gibson who was born at Quernmore Park, near Lancaster in 1824, went out to New Zealand with his brother Wilson and staked a claim to about 20,000 acres of land in South Island and died at Otago in 1886.
(8) Cameo pins and rings to include a silver tone framed pink porcelain cameo brooch, 1 3/4"H, a sterling framed shell carved cameo pendant/pin, 1 1/8"H, a gold filled shell carved cameo of a woman in rove, a bird in her hand, 1 1/4"H, a gold filled shell carved cameo 1 3/8"H, a gold tone carved cameo pin, 1"H, a silver tone framed pink glass cameo pin, 1 1/8"H, along with (2) silver cameo rings, (1) of which with pierced filigree deco style mounting, sz 6 and 6.25
ETCHED GLASS TABLE LAMPS, VINTAGE, PAIR A pair of vintage pink glass table lamps with an intertwined etched design on the body and a tulip-like neck; the pull cord fixture holds two bulbs and is on a gold-tone base. 23.5" H x 6.25" diameter. Chips noted on both bases.
NATIVE AMERICAN PLATEAU BEADED HIDE VESTNative American beaded hide vest, Plateau, second quarter 20th century, having fully beaded light blue ground, embellished with naturalistic floral pattern on the front in yellow, green, orange and pink glass beads, monogramed with initials EE in red glass beads, hide back with cut fringe, approx 21"l, 17.25"w, 1.75lbs
ITALIAN RENAISSANCE REVIVAL GLAZED BOOKCASEItalian Renaissance Revival bookcase, 19th c., having double doors set with textured pale pink glass panes, above carved grotesque surrounded by scrolling foliage with flowers, opening to interior fitted with four shelves, flanked by pilasters topped with griffin, loss to back as pictured, approx 88"h, 56.75"w, 19.5"d
(2) SCHONBEK CRYSTAL SINGLE-LIGHT TABLE LAMPS(pair) Schonbek crystal single-light table lamps, late 20th c., having shaped green silk shade, accented by gold braid trim, the colorless crystal standard with textured gilt metal and faceted pink glass ball accents, resting on square base atop four feet, approx 28.75"h, 17.25"diam; 13.75lbs total **Provenance: from a very fine San Antonio, Texas estate**
(2) ITALIAN GILT IRON FLORAL 2-LIGHT WALL SCONCES(pair) Italian gilt iron wall sconces, mid 20th c., circular backplate issuing two scrolling arms, ending in bobeche and faux candles, accented with porcelain flowers and frosted pink glass drops, scattered chips to flowers, in need of wiring, approx 9.5"h, 11.5"w, 6.75"d; 3.5lbs total
(3) ASSORTED CARVED SNUFF BOTTLES. Includes a silver mounted carved amber colored glass snuff bottle with jade? stopper; a carved mottle pink glass snuff bottle with bat decoration; and a petite coral colored snuff bottle with turquoise stopper and affixed red seal. From an E 66th St, Manhattan estate. Dimensions: pink glass snuff bottle and stopper measures approx. 2.875" h. Condition: Good, with light surface scratches and minor dings/dents.
FRENCH BRONZE VANITY ITEMS. Includes a French bronze hinged vanity box with a central signed painted portrait with green guilloche surround - painting is illegibly signed lower right. Accompanied by (2) most surely French bronze mounted pink glass vanity items with gilt decoration including one hinged vanity box and one ashtray. From a Rye, NY estate. Dimensions: bronze box measures approx. 10" w x 8" d x 4" h. Condition: Good, with light surface scratches and minor dings/dents. Losses to gilt decoration. Some minor bends to bottom edges of bronze box.
(16) Sterling rings, earrings and bracelet to include sterling gold tone Deco style pink glass centered ring, sterling rhinestone set cigar band ring, sterling iridescent rhinestone set ring, 5-stone set sterling ring, sterling band and toe ring, interlocking quatrefoil drop earrings, (3) pairs sterling hoops, sterling rose pierced thread earrings, sterling envelope pendant, (2) single earrings, Mexican solid sterling bracelet with face decoration and sterling mounted Mexican coin bracelet.